goodbye young aussie home ownership, page-101

1. 10,843 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 4
    "So , I reckon he's got the right idea ( and at least he's having a crack ) . If he keeps plugging away , even with modest growth rates , imagine his financial position when he's 50 ?

So let's look at your position . Your rental is way out of town. What about travel costs ? Nothing wrong with living in the country ( I do ) but it's cheaper for a reason . The rent money you pay is not adding to your wealth , it's gone forever .

His is. He is creating wealth ( the whole point ) and he doesn't have to answer to a landlord ."

Then you write this;

"Well I'm glad you made that clear . How is running a business comparable to investing in property ?

Yes , by working in that business you are investing ( by definition ) your time and effort plus a bit of capital . The main component of that investment is your time.

That's like saying that Greg Norman invested in golf !"

Acorn you are doing backflips.

Either way I am better off renting for 7k per year with no outgoings. As opposed to the buyer paying 30k in holding costs.

That money I invest - many on here suggest this money is wasted.

All the risk is to the downside and by shorting CBa I will profit from this.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.