UTIt is obvious you have gone into defensive mode and call me...

1. 2,687 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1
    UT

It is obvious you have gone into defensive mode and call me "plain Stupid"

It is unfortunate and ironic because you are actually in the wrong.

Landlords would be providing a service if there was an OVERSUPPLY of property, and they for example kept properties in good conditions for tenants, properties that are left on the market for sale for long periods in areas where RENTAL DEMAND IS HIGH but demand for actual home ownership is LOW.

To Deliberately accumulate property in this environment is knowingly restricting access to legitimate potential buyers by holding and in many cases HOARDING properties creating an extremely tight market which FORCES people into rent.

Restriction of supply increases prices of property which in turn increases the capital gain, which then puts pressure on rental yield to rise, that's the game and fair enough,

but when there is RECORD demand for property ownership, how is someone owning 100+ doing anything other than helping to bottleneck the market.

What on earth does someone need that much property for anyway, except to be a greedy boaster who obviously measures their worth by trying to emulate the landlords of the old days, where the wealthy 1-2% own the majority of the lands.

I don't want to live in a country like that, I have visited plenty and I don't want to see Australia in that situation, but it is happening slowly and surely.

As I have said before we live in a capitalist country, and that comes with certain rights and freedoms,
    but to have someone
    like yourself come onto a public forum and claim that landlords that hoard property TO THAT DEGREE are providing a service, just shows how out of touch you are with the needs of society.

This is peoples shelter, and regular ordinary people have a right to pay a fair price for it. What is a fair price?
    Well we don't know because the hoarding creates pockets of wealth that distort the market. The reason you have what you have is because there were less property hoarders PER CAPITA in your generation.

This is the cult of property greed

Your comment

"The vast majority of investors whether they own 1 or 100 rental properties is supplying them to meet rental demand - if they didn't exist then the vast majority of those renting would have no where to stay as they either don't want to buy"

Mate, the whole affordability issue is about record DEMAND to buy, and very very very few people would not buy if they had a choice, but that choice has been removed from them by

1. Insatiable greed of property hoarders

2. Govt. allowing unlimited amounts of land to be owned by individual or group entities, unlimited buying by non residents

If there are so many "happy" renters out there why are so many real estate show doing well like

location location, the block, etc

You are capitalising on what was part of the Aussie dream, owning your own quarter acre block.

Where is the show

rent, rent, rent?

If there is so much demand for rental property due to happy little renters there should be a TV show giving tips on what a wonderful lifestyle choice renting is, you would have a real ratings winner there!

You are way out of touch, as always happens when the wealth gap becomes too wide.

In my profession I come across a lot of people that earn the median income or less in Sydney, and I can tell you hardly any of them that are renting do it by choice.

UT I don't expect you to understand or agree with my sentiments.

It takes a certain type of person to accumulate that much property with such a sense of entitlement.

If someone chooses to hoard shares in a publicly listed company or some other non essential asset class, I have no issue, but the residential housing market should not be treated as the share market.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.