I was contemplating the other day why someone would do 8 years...

1. 18,067 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 325
    I was contemplating the other day why someone would do 8 years at uni and not manage a degree in all that time. It occurs to me that there is one reason - if you don’t mind earning dollars under the table, using others and living off the government that would be a good reason. If you finish a degree you can’t keep extending your time like that.

it also occurred to me, contemplating the description of others lives as beige, that most normal people have an element of that because they do normal things like earn their own living, raise kids and attempt to provide stability, try to be grown up and settle down from childish things and self indulgence. Beige suggests one is not thrill seeking to fill one’s time. Not endlessly on a quest for self gratification, not suffering from a dopamine imbalance and so remaining goalless and directionless

being within the bounds of normality does not mean beige. It is usually associated with some sense of personal and collective responsibility

calling others beige sounds much more like someone trying to justify a wasted life - with no achievements, no sense of satisfaction and no true sense of connection to others.

i would stick with beige I think

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.