"Goodbye", page-33

1. 85,076 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 75
    personally whilst I think that every recession brings a fear that it won't be a recession - but, might fall into a depression ---------

in the past we've had that fear since the 30's ----- and in reality - all has turned out pretty good.

But - is this time different?

I don't recall a situation in Australia certainly where long before a recession we have homelessness at crisis proportions, housing stress at what is catastrophic proportion - people living in cars and tents, we have long waiting lists in hospitals and outside in queues of ambulances, we have an astonishing brain drain in STEMS and a collapse in STEMS research and education, massive cockups in major construction projects, enormous building company collapses, a trade person crisis situation, buildings unfinished and a huge number of finished buildings uninhabitable because of serious building faults, a dropping dollar, almost total foreign ownership of resource companies, record gov debt, huge personal debt

these conditions make it a very different situation to recessions past

wtf difference will it make??????? - I don't know. But, it sure isn't a pretty page to start a normal recession from - surely

If we look out the window as we drive past in the car now - already - we see pictures that are eerily similar to the great depression days ---------- old ladies living in cars ---------

60 and 70 year old single women and men - living in cars and tents

I never saw that in recessions past ---------- and this time - we're not even in recession yet -

this does NOT bode well

people living in cars and tents are not 'my opinion' - they are fact
    Last edited by pintohoo: Yesterday, 14:11

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.