PET 0.00% 2.5¢ phoslock environmental technologies limited

I only just recently bought into PHK as well based on what I see...

1. 37 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 33
    I only just recently bought into PHK as well based on what I see as its massive potential and low market cap.

Just yesterday there was an article I read about Florida's largest freshwater lake, Lake Okeechobee which has a surface area of 730 square miles, 90% of which is now covered in blue-green algae. Only in the past week the state Governor has declared a state of emergency in the seven counties surrounding the lake. Blue-green algal blooms are an annual occurrence in the lake which attracts six million visitors a year and which flows into the 67 mile long Caloosahatchee River which plays a significant role in Florida's economy.

This follows on from an algae bloom in Lake Erie in Ohio in 2014 that left 500,000 people without drinking water for three days.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/07/09/us/algae-blooms-florida-nyt.html

Furthermore, on the company's blog, a blog entry dated June 1st regarding the company's Brazil business stated that:

PWS and HidroScience signed a two year extension of the Phoslock license until June 2020. In the last license period (July 2016 to June 2018) Hidroscience purchased over 1,100 tons of Phoslock. Hidroscience currently has four ongoing projects in which large quantities of Phoslock are being applied. Additional projects are likely to be added in the coming year. Under the license extension, Hidroscience has undertaken to purchase a minimum of 800 tons of Phoslock, however expects to significantly exceed this.

http://blog.phoslock.com.au/brazilian-license-extended-to-2020/

Yes the Chinese market is enormous, but it is the global market above and beyond China that really attracted me. Phoslock have a large, established and expanding footprint in Europe, and the US and Brazilian market opportunities are substantial as well, as highlighted from just the few examples above.

As for the market cap,  I don't consider Phoslock to be expensive or to have a massive market cap as at least one fellow poster has claimed because if a pizza delivery company can have a market cap of $4bn I don't see why PHK, currently at 1/20th the market value, shouldn't be able to do the same, if not exceed it given the much bigger market it addresses and the real and ongoing need for the technology and products it offers not to mention its unique offering in the marketplace compared to its competitors.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add PET (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.