BTA 0.00% 57.0¢ biota holdings limited

Muzza,Last week I saw went to my local medical practice and saw...

1. 426 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 10
    Muzza,
    Last week I saw went to my local medical practice and saw the locum GP (with many years experience)about a skin condition. He remmbered I had spoken about Relenza last time I visited (good memory).

His comment was that "it only shortened the flu clinical signs by a day or 2 at most".

I indicated that was not my experience or that of many others and that froma risk management perspective the drug company could only provide a conservative view based on published trials.

I also indicated that tamiflu resistance was widespread, including in Australia, whereas there was negligible if any evidence of clinical resistance to Relenza worldwide.

When I returned in the afternoon he said he had prescribed his first course of Relenza to a patient with possible flu.

My experience is that Relenza can lead to rapid resolution of influenza symtoms - personal experience of a close relative (previously documented on Hot Copper). In contrast 2 weeks previously I had suffered a week of severe influenza - headaches, muscle aches & pains, fever witout taking relenza. the sickest I had been for 50 years. Obviously 1 case doesn't constitute a clinical trial.

I now carry Relenza with me whenever I travel. low cost insurance.

Do other BTA holders have similar stories?

This is a major reason why I hold BTA.

Regards
    Kangaroo1

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add BTA (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.