MRQ 0.00% 0.1¢ mrg metals limited

Google Geology

1. 2ic
    5,561 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 4549
    I was telling someone at dinner last night about how far the internet and free apps have come. The data and power that once required professional software packages and even then professionals to operate it. So after the kind words @bmwgirl had to say about my google geology efforts I have decided to see how far it will get me at the Linhuane prospect.

One of the reasons I enjoy mineral sand geology and following the MRQ story is because unlike so many other commodities, mineral sands follows so many physical and geological rules that much can be learned and predicted before it's all drilled out. Gold, base metals etc all rely on a structural component, fluid pathways and traps to develop economic deposits. All these type deposits that outcrop have been found years ago, what we're left with today are needle in the haystack exploration where looking down at google earth won't help tell you what exploration drilling might find. Even if the target is clear to see covered in artisanal workings, what economic grades and thickness drilling will find is only a guess. A major discovery can be the next drill hole away.

Mineral sands is different. Deposits must be large, grade is measured in percentages not ppm and can be panned on the spot, concentration of heavy minerals relies on simple rules and geological processes that occur over large areas near the surface. The morphology of beach-dune systems generally survive unchanged and uncovered, meaning that what we see from satellite images avoid having to walk the ground to understand what is going on. Add to this some historical exploration like at Corridor, results from other deposits nearby or within the province, and a pretty good picture can be built up about the results future exploration is likely to deliver.

Obviously google geology can only get one so far, and we can't walk around with a hand auger and pan test theories. It takes time for results to confirm predictions, and only results will settle an exploration and economic debate as they have done at Corridor. Still, some valuable insights when investing on the outcome of future exploration imo. I'll get into it after the weekend. Meanwhile, check out the locally made bridge between Lake Quissico and Lake Munhanze at Linhuane posted to Google a year ago before covid. Really can't beat being there ...

https://hotcopper.com.au/data/attachments/2549/2549109-cee9673dd554e9cbe586c818b0e9c5f2.jpg

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add MRQ (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
0.1¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $2.525M
Open High Low Value Volume
0.0¢ 0.0¢ 0.0¢ $0 0

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
62 123505439 0.1¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
0.2¢ 60222415 35
View Market Depth
Last trade - 07.00am 03/05/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
MRQ (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.