IPR 0.00% 4.1¢ ipernica limited

morning, hi robbicasterI liked you post and I agree with a lot...

1. 86,404 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 75
    morning, hi robbicaster

I liked you post and I agree with a lot of it. There is a lot going on with google at present and it will be interesting to see what the next 5 years or so holds for them.

re. " But this does not pose a great opportunity to Nearmap alone - unless we are all prepared to dilute, cash up and then hold our breath. But worldwide delivering the content that drives other locally based, more responsive enterprises/gov bodies/ngos... well the possibilities are huge."

Can you help me understand what you mean about the not a great opportunity to Nearmap alone?

Do you mean that that by itself it can't be an opportunity big enough to drive Nearmap to be a monolith?

I would have to agree if that is what you mean. However, I would have thought that if google is dropping the ball on maps - then that would provide a good opportunity to drive Nearmap for a while to at least a very strong cashflow via basic govt. and large commercial deals and perhaps some media income off it.

I don't mean that we could easily get to say a multibillion dollar business - but surely several hundred million shouldn't be too much of an ask if we get it right.

I also can't see necessarily why we would have to "....dilute, cash up and then hold our breath....."

Why do you think that? Would it not be possible to expand o'seas with partners? Or is that what you mean - trading off some of the company as the price of bringing in a partner.

thanks for your posts - looking forward to hearing from you

pinto

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add IPR (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.