BRN 2.22% 22.0¢ brainchip holdings ltd

'Google Rattles the Tech World With a New AI Chip for All' IN A...

1. 1,646 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 11
    'Google Rattles the Tech World With a New AI Chip for All'

IN A MOVE that could shift the course of multiple technology markets, Google will soon launch a cloud computing service that provides exclusive access to a new kind of artificial-intelligence chip designed by its own engineers.

This new processor is a unique creation designed to both train and execute deep neural networks—machine learning systems behind the rapid evolution of everything from image and speech recognitionto automated translation to robotics."

The article further says:

"But Google could see more competition soon. Several companies, including chip giant Intel and a long list of startups, are now developing dedicated AI chips that could provide alternatives to the Google TPU"

I read this news with acute nervousness but there is one hope here:

"Google says it will not sell the chip directly to others. Instead, through its new cloud service, set to arrive sometime before the end of the year, any business or developer can build and operate software via the internet that taps into hundreds and perhaps thousands of these processors, all packed into Google data centers"

A business or developer can build or operate software based on Google's AI chip but they would have to do it through Google (!!).

I would let more knowledgeable copperites to comment on this development and how it would affect BRN's growth.

https://www.wired.com/2017/05/google-rattles-tech-world-new-ai-chip/

Another article on Google lens and AI chip

https://www.forbes.com/sites/miguel...veloper-conference-updated-live/#4da6a21e70c1

DYOR

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add BRN (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
22.0¢
Change
-0.005(2.22%)
Mkt cap ! $408.3M
Open High Low Value Volume
22.5¢ 22.5¢ 21.8¢ $1.107M 5.019M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
6 110458 22.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
22.5¢ 355185 24
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 28/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
BRN (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.