APT 0.00% $66.47 afterpay limited

"paycheck"? seppo alert!! haha - just jokes - don't be...

1. 866 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 263
    "paycheck"? seppo alert!! haha - just jokes - don't be offended.

You need not worry about my financial position - I think I'm ok. I've been putting most of my money towards my mortgage (only 2 years left! woohoo!) and building my share portfolio (only started seriously 6 months ago, but bought my first shares in Sep 2018) - so I don't leave cash sitting around being lazy and not working for me. That does mean I don't have a spare $5K laying around for broken appliances and the like, but it's not like I can't access those funds when I need to.

I can draw from my mortgage any time to pay for things - and I could have done that with the hot water system, oven and tax bill - but it was easy to pay some things by CC - plus there is an added level of consumer protection when purchasing with my CC. I also have 55 days interest free on my CC - so why withdraw from my mortgage at 3% interest when I could instead leverage the interest free CC period?

I don't know why you think paying my tax bill with my CC is a red flag... I do pay off that credit card in entirety before the 55 day interest period - so it's not like I'm carrying this CC balance for long. I guess my comment that I get paid fortnightly might have threw you off. 2 pays (28 days) is way more than my CC limit if it helps give some perspective.

And to answer your first question - my Afterpay limit is $1,800.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add APT (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.