QBE 1.71% $16.05 qbe insurance group limited

got smashed under 21, page-30

1. 2,978 Posts.
    Hi Peppie Great Piece
    I gave u a thumbs up but think U will find they do have a large share portfolio. To stay in cash this late in the game is just not practical they have professional managers (smarter than Us) who play with there portfolios fulltime. They have many businesses around the world all making profits. The cash U R talking about imo would merely be excess sitting on the side lines. Insurance companies dont make there bread and butter money only in AAA bonds(they would have diversified portfolios) long term that 2 me is a parking station and they have and will be moving into stocks. This man does not get mentioned in the same breath as Buffet for being a dummy.
    Another point i feel is that the share market factors share price on future events, this isnt being done atm for QBE as it pays the big boys to hold the price down for the vwrap of 20.75 so that they get more shares for there buck come the DRP and Bonus offer at the end of the month.

Mate if U look into it CBA and others that have just become 5% or more major shareholders QBE shares they dont buy them from the open market as it would drive the share price through the roof. they buy off market they all do it all the time.There 2 big for our tiny market

As for the DRP and the big boys manipulating it to get a better price, its a good story, but for a large market cap company it would be incredibly difficult and the volume required would be much larger than the 10m going thru per day (1% of total shares).

My Response

Mate to buy 5% of 1 billion shares(51+ million which day did they but them as i dont see that quantity listed on the day claimed in the annoucements adding to my point that they dont buy on market;)) ) is alot and thats how many they have to buy to become a major share holder also there is another notice of some1 else buying around the same period (who i dont know as to many pages to download and im lazy).
    If U think they arent on the buy and sell side through out the day to control the share price then U surprise me.
    Mate if U think that the big boys R goin to let U buy stock for 20.75 when U get Ur divi cheque then Urs is a "better story" than mine but hey we will know soon enough.

Peppie thank U again for challenging my opinions as it gets me thinking and sharing my point with others hopefully for all to benefit.
    Mate CBA bought 51 mill shares on the 11/03/2010 the open market traded only 7 mill.;)) and lets see come after March 30 where the share price is ps the charts show that it is very common for QBE to run from near here into April.
    I look forward to seeing how it goes.
    Thank U for challenging my thoughts and look forward to Ur response to this latest post as this is he best way i learn by challenging and being challenged
    Deepest Respect and Peace Zzup ;))

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add QBE (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$16.05
Change
-0.280(1.71%)
Mkt cap ! $24.11B
Open High Low Value Volume
$15.70 $16.11 $15.49 $161.0M 10.14M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 1821 $16.03

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$16.05 4664 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 09/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
QBE (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.