got the bird from a commodore driver today, page-101

1. 12,085 Posts.
    asteroider

There is nothing safe about driving 5kph below the posted speed limit.
    I feel it is a danger because it interferes with the flow of traffic...in particular for those who choose to use cruise control. I hope that you use your cruise control and remain accurately constant rather than float back and forth.
    Speed limits are arbitrary. If a driver can not safely drive at the limit under ideal conditions then that driver may want to seriously access why.

When all drive at the limit one will see an even spread in distances between the vehicles. When I'm on cruise control and home in on 'the funeral procession I can guarantee it's led by someone like yourself. And then this 'safe' driver will stop at a roundabout (instead of flowing into a gap) and exit the roundabout without indicating. Or not indicate or attempt to merge at a merge point. Apology if these other points don't apply to you.
    But...if I meet a driver like you who chooses to use the inside lane it's not an issue. In a single lane it's not acceptable in my view because it's discourteous.

Driving safely is about driving to conditions within the parameters of the code. It's not about driving 5kph under. A car hit a person at 75 is going to kill them just as likely than at 80. And the argument you can stop quicker is futile if bad driving put you into the situation in the first place.

Just my humble opinion from someone who spends 10 hrs per day on the roads. A very small % of drivers can actually drive.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.