SSM 0.00% $1.28 service stream limited

Gotta love auto stop losses, page-8

1. 2,301 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 67
    I wrote recently I was thinking about using a stop loss with this stock, only reason being the strong price gains has meant it has turned into an abnormally large part of the portfolio. I virtually consider this as two holdings now, half of the parcel I will probably run a trailing stop, the other half I will monitor it on a valuation basis. On both counts I rate it a hold. It kind of sounds a bit silly but note that Forager sold quite a few shares at much lower levels recently, yet in their recent video update they still seem very bullish on the stock. So this risk management "problem" longer term holders are grappling with now is probably causing a lot of volatility in the price.

One thing I will make sure of is when using a stop loss in this stock make sure you use the closing price. I have no data to back this up, but I get the feeling this stock has a real habit of whenever it starts of as a weak day and is down sharply buyers come back in and support it. Today was a classic example. Another thing to make sure is not to use automatic programs from brokers. I have never done this myself and others can comment more, but today the selling down to 61 cents looked like someone probably set a stop loss weeks ago in the low 60 cents and had the broker managing it whilst they were not watching the screen.

Congratulations to those watching the screen alertly and buying at 61 cents today!

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SSM (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$1.28
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $788.4M
Open High Low Value Volume
$1.28 $1.30 $1.27 $1.140M 889.9K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 7656 $1.27

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$1.28 726 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 28/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
SSM (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.