AZH 0.00% 24.5¢ azimuth resources limited

From Guyana Chronicle--- I've consistently noticed the Gov is...

1. 1,076 Posts.
    From Guyana Chronicle---
    I've consistently noticed the Gov is keen to foster mining & further industry in Guyana. They are currently holding Mining Week - I remeber hearing in a talk by D. OSullivan ( Syd Mining club) mentioning AZH intendingor had sponsored scolarships for local to study Metallurgy etc- demonstrates long term committment to mining there.
    Also,it would have been useful if we had received some news from directors of what transpired at kalgoolie Diggers n Dealers Conference where AZH said they were having a stall or some such.- not to mention dome drill results would be even more useful.

News Top Story PM calls for more efficiency in mining sector -during Mining Week 2012 Walk
    Written by GINA
    Sunday, 19 August 2012 21:01
    THE Ministry of Natural Resources and the Environment (NRE), in collaboration with the Guyana Geology and Mines Commission (GGMC), yesterday held a walk to commence activities for Mining Week 2012.
    [From left, Environment and Natural Resources Minister, Robert Persaud, Commissioner of GGMC (ag), Karen Livan and Prime Minister Hinds during mining walk 2012]

From left, Environment and Natural Resources Minister, Robert Persaud, Commissioner of GGMC (ag), Karen Livan and Prime Minister Hinds during mining walk 2012
    The week-long activities, being held under the theme “Investment and Technological Growth for Sustainability in the Mining Sector,” will see aspects and way of life of miners highlighted.
    The walk, which commenced on Avenue of the Republic and proceeded into Church Street, ended at the Guyana Girl Guides pavilion, Brickdam.
    Prime Minister Samuel Hinds, in brief remarks, extended greetings to the GGMC and miners for their commitment and dedication towards the sector. He added that while there have been significant increases in production over the last two decades, there still needs to be more improvement in mining methods, so that environmental impacts will be reduced.
    He called for betterment this year, in the efficiency of the operations of the sector, noting that there is tremendous potential yet to be discovered.
    “I want to encourage all miners to work effectively with the programmes and policies initiated, so that improvements within
    [Minister Persaud hands over trophy to Commissioner of GGMC (ag), Karen Livan]

Minister Persaud hands over trophy to Commissioner of GGMC (ag), Karen Livan
    their operations can be garnered. This will also enable improvements in the efficiency of operations,” he said.
    A call was also made for miners to adopt additional methods and look at ways in which networking can be further developed, as Guyana’s mining sector which has proven to be successful, has really advanced.
    Prime Minister Hinds urged miners to raise the bar on operational standards.
    The walk was led by Natural Resources and Environment Minister, Robert Persaud, Prime Minister Hinds and Commissioner of GGMC, Karen Livan. Canadian High Commissioner, David Devine was also present.
    The week’s activities will culminate with Pork Knocker’s Day, an annual feature, at Golden Beach, Bartica, and there will be an International Mining Seminar.

Copyright © 2012 Guyana Chronicle.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AZH (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.