CFU 0.00% 0.4¢ ceramic fuel cells limited

I think some of you may have missed the point. The cost of...

1. 1,252 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 180
    I think some of you may have missed the point. The cost of upgrading the transmission network is THE major component of the increase in costs to consumers for centrally generated electricity.

The increases in efficiency of the CFU fuel cells in this particular case is not relevant (although it is the major benefit of the CFU units in terms of the efficiency for owners of these units).

A good analogy of the problem is to pretend that we have a transmission line that can handle 100 units of energy between my power station and your home. You used to be happy using 90 units of power, which was fine for both of us. Now, you have a few new gadgets and you require the ability to use 120 units of power on the odd occasion. This is a problem for me, because I need to be able to deliver power to you as you demand it. I can improve the transmission line from my power station to your house to handle 120 units of maximum power, but the cost is significant (to me). Don't worry, I will spread the cost to you by charging you a lot more for your power over time.

Alternatively, I can keep sending you a maximum of 100 units of power, and you can generate 30 units of power at your own premises. That will mean we can keep our existing transmission line as it is and you can buy power from me at pretty much the same rate as you have now.

Simple really.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CFU (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.