"As far as defending this place we have no chance as 1 or 2...

1. 85,708 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 75
    "As far as defending this place we have no chance
    as 1 or 2 missiles from China and we
    would have to surrender.
    They have 1000's"

that kind of thinking is correct

so, one has to actually think differently - indeed 'think'

the problem with even discussing 'defence' is that it takes focus away from what is really needed - which is security.

Security is a subject that one requires to begin to think of what one wants to look like in say 50 years time - set some directions, possibly even some goals:

defence is a tiny part of the plan which is far more short term and hampered by what is seen as the popular threat at the time.

As to defence, I would look to other areas for lessons --- I suggest looking at eg. who the mighty and powerful USA couldn't defeat

how did that happen. How did a bunch of people in black PJ's defeat the might of America and send them home across the largest ocean on earth with their tail between their legs for decades of embarrassment?

How did a bunch of guys on hiluxes with AK47s who lived in caves beat the American mighty war machine (same crew who defeated Russia for the first time in history)

I'm not saying copy and paste - what I'm saying is that Oz has a big land to look after and if we think for a moment that the toys we are talking about are some kind of deterrent - then we are naïve

we need to actually think

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.