Government COVID planning, page-25

1. 6,982 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 166
    @pintohoo, @Lapdog, @Scott th Ratbag,

My view on society is that we have become soft. Soft in a way that everything has become too hard.

Politicians just don’t want to work. But they are not alone. You see that across a lot of professions now. Work has been undone by self serving.

I watch people in companies ‘work’ their way to the top by surrounding themselves with a self serving group. It’s endemic and politics is no different.

Its correct that the only major bi-partisan vote in parliament is always on the wage rise and/or pension. Why is that?

The reason for no major positive development is that it takes hard work. And not many, as noted, are willing to do the hard yards. A few times people have said to me, similarly to Pinto, “I like you, you always do what you say you are going to do”. When questioned about it, you find there aren’t that many that do it and it’s always bare minimum or avoidance (like politicians).

I think society has become and is becoming more weak because of all this “what’s in it for me”.

When I was in the Army a few decades back, if I pulled the stunts they pull now with regard to work ethic, I’d have been beaten severely. The trouble is now, soft living with all the mod cons has turned society into a “ticking over engine” - very few put the foot down and go forward.

We’ll reap the rewards for this now and later. And it won’t be pretty. We deserve what we get in power because nobody will vote against it. They are weak.

We need to change.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.