EPN 0.00% 2.4¢ epsilon healthcare limited

Hi @BTM84 I must admit your response is very confusing. It makes...

1. 43 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 3
    Hi @BTM84 I must admit your response is very confusing. It makes me wonder if you read the entire petition. The idea is that the government would also legalize the sale of cannabis and tax it. Quote from the petition: "...taxation from sales of legal Cannabis has the potential to raise millions of dollars. Essentially the benefits far outweigh the risks."

Also, the E-petition was triggered by the Greens proposal to legalize recreational cannabis. Quote from the below article: "As part of the plan, an agency would be created to be the sole wholesaler of cannabis, as well as the outlet responsible for issuing licenses for prospective growers and retailers."

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-04-16/greens-call-for-cannabis-to-be-legalised/9664952

I'm personally from Holland where its been decriminalized to grow up to 5 plants at home... No one I know grows it at home. They all go to the (tax paying) shops for cannabis. Same as here in Australia where most people go to the shops to buy veggies and only a handful of people grow them at home.

Long story short, the government is very keen to make lots of tax revenue from legalizing recreational cannabis. That's probably the only reason why this conservative government is even considering legalizing... Its all about the $$$

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add EPN (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.