government ets is a tax is a tax is a tax, page-110

1. 3,817 Posts.
    "I vote for an ETS. EVEN in the extraordinarily unlikely event that man-made CO2 is found NOT be contributing to climate change, there are other compelling reasons to wean ourselves off fossil fuels"

BB, I'm in part agreement there. I wish the whole world would work together (just a dream I know) to move on to far better ways to generate electricity. However, the ETS isn't the way to do it if only a handful of countries attempt to introduce it. But hang on a minute, many countries already have moved on! Most have moved to nuclear, wind farms, etc. Those countries don't need an ETS. So, what's the difference? The difference is those governments have put money where their mouths are to encourage the building of these alternative power generation facilities. Our governments (past and present) are clueless, and are too dumb to make the important decisions that produces results. The ETS is a lazy approach which runs the risk of slowing our economy down relative to others who won't implement an ETS.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.