MEL 40.0% 0.3¢ metgasco ltd

government hopes to answer csg questions

1. 190 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 16
    Public interest in the coal seam gas industry is behind a special visit by New South Wales government departments next week.

A panel of experts together with the Planning Minister will address a public meeting at Lismore on Wednesday.

Local MPs say they've been pushing for a special visit to the region to provide information on the growing gas industry.

Lismore MP Thomas George says the combined knowledge of the panel will offer information on mining techniques as well as water, agriculture and land use policies.

The panel will include the head of the departments of mineral resources, water policy, regional policy and regional planning and the office of agriculture and food security.

Thomas George says the meeting is a great opportunity to hear government knowledge and he hopes the session will be used productively.

"They are recognised as experts in their field, they have the ability to be able to handle themselves and handle the questions".

He says there's a lot of misinformation circulating about CSG and facts are needed.

"I have had a number of questions and a number of concerns expressed to me, now I don't have the scientific answers so when Brad Hazzard was here last, I asked him if he could assist me in arranging a forum in Lismore for people to ask questions and have them answered by appropriate people of those portfolios".

The meeting will be held at the Lismore City Hall on Wednesday December 5 at the Lismore City Hall.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2012-11-29/csg-lismore-meeting/4399484

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add MEL (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
0.3¢
Change
-0.002(40.0%)
Mkt cap ! $4.342M
Open High Low Value Volume
0.5¢ 0.5¢ 0.3¢ $50.29K 12.64M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
11 23762348 0.3¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
0.4¢ 7269483 7
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 31/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
MEL (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.