government issues sos: save our schapelle, page-4

1. 4,271 Posts.
    re: : save our schapelle - not with my taxes Devil's Adv, you said,
    "If she is found guilty then she should her serve time in Indonesia - not in the comparative comfort of an Aussie jail, at a cost of about $100.000 to the Aussie taxpayer."

What, however, if we found out that there are more indonesians in OUR jails costing us that precious sum you're talking about? Wouldn't you like to have them being sent to their "comparative uncomfortable" Indo jails?

I siggest, the morally correct thing to do is to discuss with the countries concerned what would be the fate of that prisoner and to put the appropriate provisos in place. That is, if the Indo court has sentenced her to 15 years in jail, then that's what she should get, and vice versa. Nationals should have the best possible representation in courts, preferably with a lawyer from their own country. What is important is that justice be served justly and not vengefully.

Your taxes are being ripped off at a far greater rate by Governments who charge you impossible taxes, by unscrupulous and thieving huge corporations, by corrupt practices, by wars and by all sorts of other means. OUR citizens should be protected by US as best WE can because, though ultimately the responsibility lies with the individual, We, collectively, should make sure that the individual is not framed or set up by thugs or politicians.

So far, Devil's Adv. you know nothing about her guilt or innocence and, so far as I am concerned, I couldn't give a damn if it was a beautiful woman or Camilla or Charlie! For the sake of humanity and HUMAN values, I would be seeking justice.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.