LPI 0.00% 56.5¢ lithium power international limited

Thank you for picking this up. I attached the wrong article -...

1. 32 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 28
    Thank you for picking this up. I attached the wrong article - this article is the one I intended to attach.

It appears that most projects in the Salar have been opposed by the locals, unfortunately this includes MSB's and an appeal was lodged against the project's environmental approval in March 2020.

From further research, it seems like the appeal was first rejected by the Corte de Apelaciones de Santiago in September 2020. It also seems like the 'Comite de ministros' acts as the last resort for appeals on environmental approvals so I assume that the locals have reached out to them in a final attempt. There was a meeting scheduled on the 18th of Jan for the Comite de ministros to look at the project but it was pushed out because they didn't have the minimum attendance requirements for a quorum.

The Santiago court did reject the objections from the locals on multiple ground so it is likely the same will happen again with the Comite de ministros. This might be a catalyst for the development of the project.

Sorry to all readers for the confusion caused by posting the wrong article the first time around.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LPI (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.