OZL 0.00% $26.44 oz minerals limited

Doogsie, a couple of points on your post..You ask "How does the...

1. 940 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 307
    Doogsie, a couple of points on your post..

You ask "How does the assett continue to return wealth for our country if it is delisted from the ASX and owned 100% by the Chinese??" Answer is Royalties and taxes as with all mining co's.

There are international owners (part and whole) in Australian based mining companies (and other industries) everywhere. The North West Shelf is only one third Oz based ownership (Woodside and BHPB one sixth each). Canadian Barrick owns half the Goldfields. CITIC Pacific (Chinese) is constructing a new Iron ore plant in the Pilbara, and what about the massive Gorgon LNG project that will be owned by Chevron and Exxon.

I'm as patriotic as anyone and would prefer to see what began or grew here stay here, but that can no longer in this global world, remain the expected. The paranoia here is not particularly about keeping things in Australian hands it is more about whose hands if not Australian. And there is still a bias (deliberate or otherwise) against people's such as the Chinese.

I remember the concern (very similar to now) about the Japanese "infiltration" into our hospitality industry years ago, particularly in the Gold Coast area. We were selling out the country, jobs were at risk, the sky was falling in. The reality now is, what a great benefit they have been for tourism wherever they now are...and those holiday areas are still part of Australia.

With Ozl, my overwhelming preference is for the company to remain under its own steam. I have been a shareholder since 1998 and still believe it could be huge success if it could just have got through this short period of turmoil. But if that's not possible then I say bring in as many potential buyers as possible, get an auction going and let's maximise our return.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add OZL (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.