OZL 0.00% $26.44 oz minerals limited

government will save ozl, page-86

1. 6,005 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 244
    "Foreign investment in Australia, who is denying that? Certainly not me. I am opposed to a 100% Chinese State owned and operated company on our soil."

You said it mate. Your below statement.

"Keep them - the large mining companies Aussie owned and operated at all costs, because if they go, we have nothing left, no backbone our economy will be motionless, we will own nothing “ZILCH”."
    -------

"Its all about a chinese state run company , thats it. You have much to learn about the threats that face this country Grahod."

I'm not interested in hand feeding you mate. Again its there below in black and white.

"Doogies firstly your heading off into a irrelevant tangent. In this thread I'm simply opposing your ideology that the government should save companies from going bankrupt. I'm not totally opposing you on foreign ownership, I agree with you to a certain extent we need to be very careful who are buying what Australian assets. "

And what would you know about threats against our economy?(below)

"I say: Where have you been Garhod, the financial system was crippled due to the mindless sub prime lending - bad lending practices for over valued assets."

You think the subprime loans are 100% responsible for the current financial crisis. Subprime is only part of it and that eventuated out of a seriously flawed reserve banking system over there, not to mention govt meddling in a free enterprise system. It goes much much deeper then that. Thats the real threat. Its even got China scared with lending the Americans over $1trillionUSD. So your a expert on China's foreign policies yet you have no understanding of why the current crisis eventuated? If your the real deal you'd know why. Give me a break!

Noticed you haven't addressed the below....

"Doogie are you completely serious? What is profit? Its residue, that's what it is. Its what is left over after all associated costs in running the business are paid for. In other words OVERHEADS. Overheads far far outweigh economic return to the country then profit ever will. The costs of running a mine are massive. Royalties, Stamp duty, employment, clothing, energy, parts, accommodation, servicing commodities, chemicals/agents etc, travel expenses, administration costs, legal costs. communications costs.... the list goes on. Then you have multiple industries handing the commodity once it leaves the site. Where does this money go? Back into the Australian system. This is why countries including Australia promote foreign investment to a degree. The returns far outweigh what we would lose in the profit the company makes. Stone motherless broke you reckon? Think you need to rethink that one. "

"Yes you are right these are not normal circumstances. So what? You need to understand a asset is only worth as much as what someone wants to pay for it. In other words when the price is right someone will snap the assets up. Hence the word WHEN not if. MIM pulls the bid, OZL goes under, assets get sold in a fire sale. Only people who get hurt is the shareholders and maybe the creditors depending if the sale covers outstanding debt. The asset is still there, its just its now owned and managed by another company."

Maybe because you now understand not only why the government shouldn't get involved in bailing out companies. But also why it doesn't need to!

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add OZL (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.