I find some proposals by some do gooders, is simply ludicrous....

1. 17,117 Posts.
    I find some proposals by some do gooders, is simply ludicrous. Why should everyone have to pay higher prices, because a small minority abuse the substance.

I thought obese people had the largest imposition on our health system due to heart disease etc.
    Have we heard the same group, request fast food outlets have a minimum charge.
    I see they have a poll, only just over 4200 votes, but a resounding 88% say no.
    the wooses can start their own nanny state, or state of tyranny, if thats what they want
    I note the increased taxes on the kids drinks, turned them into buying more powerful stuff and mixing it themselves
    it did not work

I pose the question, regarding smoking, apparently there has been a reduction...I suggest they are smoking
    the stuff on the black market, and more dope...rather than not smoking
    extract only
    CHEAP wine will be banned under a federal health agency's plan to make drinkers pay at least $8-$10 for a bottle of booze,.

The Federal Government's Australian National Preventative Health Agency will advise this week that a "floor price" and new taxes be calculated as a way to make alcohol dearer.

The prohibition plan to stop cheap drunks binging on discount drinks - including cask wine and cleanskins - has delighted health groups but sparked an alcohol industry revolt.

http://www.news.com.au/business/industry-revolts-as-federal-health-agency-proposes-ban-on-discount-booze/story-e6frfm1i-1226494990848#ixzz29Dbc6gWA

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.