It's not quite as bad as that mate. People who decided to save...

1. 2,350 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 324
    It's not quite as bad as that mate. People who decided to save cash are in a much better position than millions of other Australians. If you don't agree, put your life up on eBay as a walk-in-walk-out swapsies and see how many millions of Australians take you up on it.

Individuals with a lot of debt still owe the money, and unless I'm reading it wrong are still having interest accrue on that debt. Governments aren't subsidising mortgages, it's the purview of the lender. They just don't have to make payments for a while.

Regarding free childcare, I'm not sure how an unemployed family could afford to have had 3 children in childcare on March 2, I'd probably be sending around the sniffer dogs if they did.

You may be DINK now, but what if bad luck strikes either you or your mrs, and you become SINK? You won't be left out in the cold then, but hopefully you will be okay and not need the Government to assist with your day to day living needs. If you don't, then you get a smiley stamp for being hardworking, long-term planning, non-unfortunate adults with no children.

Regarding a point in your OP, we have certainly been in a positive growth phase for nearly three decades, but the only reason we have limped across the line in the last few years is due to immigration, and the strong allergy federal politicians of all colours have to changing the definition of 'how good you are going as an individual' has meant we're still going strong. Apparently :/

Regarding cash saved up for a rainy day, our current interest rate is 0.25%. In a world where nothing is ever enough, a 0.25% i rate means people will borrow for just about anything without any fear of something like.........

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.