EXT 0.00% 0.9¢ excite technology services ltd

govt wants stake in new uranium mine, page-7

1. 4,582 Posts.
    I can't access this story without a subscription,but here is an excerpt from an article I printed in June 2007.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Uranium as Nuclear Fuel
    1 June 2007
    by Prof. Monish Gunawardana
    Windhoek

......"Refineries in the United Kingdom,USA,France,Russia and Japan use Yellow Cake to make very expensive nuclear fuel.The world's largest uranium producers like Australia and Namibia don't have refineries to produce nuclear fuel that can inject enormous wealth into their economies.
    As John Howard,Prime Minister of Australia,once quipped:"Australia could quadruple its 2005 revenue if uranium is enriched and fabricated into fuel first"(The Economist.25 November 2005.Page 65.

Namibia is a democratic country with strong socio-political stability and it has signed the IAEA's Nuclear Non-proliferation Treaty (NPT).

We have massive deposits of uranium. Now let us plan to establish a uranium reprocessing plant. For instance,Kazakhstan,the world's third largest uranium producing country producing4357 tons in 2005.has recently signed an agreement with Russia to establish a Nuclear-Fuel Enrichment plant(wwwuxc.com).

Now uranium fuel is becoming expensive. This country is sitting on an unexploited mountain of wealth. Namibia could become a major nuclear fuel producer in the world. Developing nations such as Namibia should use their strategic natural resources to become an economic super-power by 2030"..........

http://allafrica.com/stories/200706010570.html
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now, over 2 years later,they may be starting to get serious.
    Anyone know of any serious deposits the govt could access?lol

Cheers all!

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add EXT (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
0.9¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $13.27M
Open High Low Value Volume
0.9¢ 1.0¢ 0.9¢ $13.79K 1.398M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 129627 0.9¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
1.0¢ 11766240 16
View Market Depth
Last trade - 15.47pm 22/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
EXT (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.