Govt Workers Scammed?

1. 10,434 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 142
    On the question of a non bank adviser the story coming out of the Bank Royal Commission was almost very clear and I'd like to know which State & Federal government departments & Superannuation Fund/s were involved in offering thousands of public sector workers an inducement to take their Superannuation money earlier than they should have so the funds could save on future liabilities blowing out.

Donna McKenna Fairwork Commissioner was indeed lucky that the superannuation staff had warned "her" several times she would lose $500,000 if she took the money too early but many workers had not been warned but rather encouraged to exit their government Superannuation early with a cash payout over the last 20 years.

Are there any readers who suffered from such advice and who gave out such advice and who knows  but keeping quiet which government department or fund got the actuarial advice to work out how much would be saved if public servants were to take a discounted offer of money now and run?

Which Superannuation funds offered inducements to retired superannuation beneficiaries with seemingly great cash payouts to save the Superfunds $billions? Anyone prepared to fess up who was involved?

Where thousands of Victorian teachers wrongly advised to retire at 54 years 11 months?

How many Telstra workers were also wrongly advised?

There must be a number of retired public servants who have the information or evidence of which organisations were paid to induce former Public Sector workers to take the wrong early retirement packages, some I recall may have been connected to the Public Sector Unions. Stand up and be counted.

Are some now working in the Financial Planning Advice business as a reward? I recommend you come out voluntarily because there might be thousands of clients looking through their advice letters and portfolios to find out who gave them faulty advice. Could explain why ASX is quiet today?

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.