MDR 2.33% 44.0¢ medadvisor limited

gp link, page-33

1. 8,591 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1249
    Not country or city. (If i say too much, will give my identity away ) But the stores around us are the kind of stores that you only go to on occasions. i.e. not weekly e.g. supermarket.
    Pharmacies with big supermarkets etc around them have a much easier time getting people to leave there scripts there, for obvious reasons.

GP's charging for scripts without a consultation happens at the moment, we get scripts (not overly regularly) with $15 handwritten on the top, which indicates that the surgery has charged for the script without the patient seeing the doctor, it is generally frowned upon.
    I think it is frowned upon for 2 reasons.

1. by the GPs - they obviously want to see the patient before issuing a script for either patient care purposes or so they can charge medicare.
    2. By the patient/pharmacist etc - if they genuinely cannot get to the doctor, have lost them etc, then the doctor should not charge for issuing another one.

So, to not see the GP and get scripts issued, would require a decent shift away from how things are done at the moment.

Also, generally speaking (obviously not for everything) but a patient will get a script with 6 months supply of a medication on it. Most GPs would want to see that patient every 6 months or at least yearly for a check up. If they don't, I would question that they are not really doing an appropriate job of patient care.
    Last edited by krusty900: 11/06/16

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add MDR (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
44.0¢
Change
0.010(2.33%)
Mkt cap ! $242.5M
Open High Low Value Volume
43.0¢ 44.0¢ 43.0¢ $18.23K 42.23K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
3 74577 43.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
44.0¢ 10681 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 08/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
MDR (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.