MDR 13.7% 54.0¢ medadvisor limited

gp link, page-38

1. 83,960 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 75
    I also would happily pay 20 bucks - but, clearly, both you and I can afford to.

I assume the bulk of patients are elderly though - and, not all have more than a pension - which ain't the high life - ditto single parents, disability etc..

20 bucks compared to nothing for them can be a big deal.

I have probably no doubts at all that people who are able to pay and particular time poor - will more than happily pay -- if the GP's allow it --------------- it's the rest that I wonder about.

Of course - if it's not factored in by the company as a major steam of revenue - then, it matters not a zot - but, if it is - then it is of major interest what the takeup by pensioners will be.

Of course the bee's knees would be if medicare changed the rules - or subsidized it.

But, that still leaves krusty's thinking on the 6 month supply limit issue - which, I hadn't thought of - but, makes a great deal of sense in what I would think would be the majority of cases.

I am finding it a bit hard to get my head around the timing of this - because medicine is on the cusp of major change -- coming like freight trains are AI diagnosis, apps. that diagnose particular areas (RAP's etc.) - and all this is coming to a very conservative area of society - doctors - who are very very slow to change - but, technology will force massive change here in a very few years - and, I am sure that medications will be swept along with the tide - it's just when and how that is up for grabs.
    This app. may well be a blockbuster - but, it needs a bit of time to see if everything falls into place.
    With apps - everything has to work - not just the app. - an app. is no different to any other business in that regard. People are the key of course - great ideas are a dime a dozen.

have a great day

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add MDR (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.