GPT 1.73% $4.12 gpt group

gpt thoughts

1. 631 Posts.
    I think the company may have some upside - probably up to the 70c mark or so - but in my view this is speculative, not intrinsic - based on takeover potential.

I do believe that the recent divestments have been all about dressing GPT up for takeover activity - however with 350 - 400m of earnings pa. and a current market cap of 5.5b - that puts it at roughly 14x earnings - which in my estimate is high.

I value LPTs based on their earnings capability, not on the ability to sell assets - so I dont put too much energy into NTA - it doesn't really matter what the NTA is - if there are no earnings, it aint worth s*%$t !

The company isn't due to earn anything from its development pipeline in the short term either...

So... I would buy $400m of earnings for < $4b when it comes to commercial property, with limited scope for growth in earnings other than systemic increases in rent - which may be 5% or so / year.

Currently market cap is 5.5bn and with no reason other than speculative I'm leaning towards selling my (considerable) holdings.

I would love it more than ever if SGP or someone else came riding in under the banner of takeover and paid 78c / share ... but... in my methodologies, this would be speculating, not investing.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add GPT (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$4.12
Change
0.070(1.73%)
Mkt cap ! $7.892B
Open High Low Value Volume
$4.06 $4.12 $4.05 $42.63M 10.37M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 6063 $4.11

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$4.12 218087 10
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 21/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
GPT (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.