CDA 1.57% $15.48 codan limited

Gpz7000 big problems

1. 4,601 Posts.
    http://australianelectronicgoldpros...about-the-7000!!/msg37785/?topicseen#msg37785

Hi Doug.

Here is another story on the new 7000’s, this time from their use over in the WA goldfields.

I was talking to a good friend last night who has come back from his usual yearly pilgrimage to the West. In his travels this year he came across a patch that had been found and worked by 3 so called experienced 7000 operators.

Their holes and scrapes were many and also extensive over quite an area; most were not filled back as they should have been either.

He said there was a not very experienced husband and wife team now working on this ground, one detecting with a 4500 and the other using a GPX 5000, both were busily detecting over the same area again.

They had found quite a number of nuggets missed by these 7000 experts, and mostly right in among their old holes and scrapes.

The mate said that when he left them to it; they had already found over 2 ounces in bits, with still more ground to cover.

Considering this couple were virtual newbie’s to detecting, it makes one wonder just what are 7000 operators leaving in the ground.

It appears to me that if you manage to get a good 7000 in the farcical lottery of purchasing one, they are mainly suited to a particular type of gold. That is tiny and small pieces in hot ground and the specimen gold near reefs and in run off areas along them.

My opinion of paying such a vast sum for this small advantage is not on, whereas you are not all that far behind when using an earlier model S/hand detector, or a Whites TDI, maybe even a VLF for this specific purpose of finding mostly small gold and specimen gold.

The many experienced people that I know in the game in Central Victoria, most who have tried the 7000 quickly unloaded them, and the ones that did persist trying to master this beast, have now followed suit and have rid themselves of their expensive burden.

The multitude of problems I have personally heard of since its release, far outweigh even the slightest thought of ever owning one.

Just my thoughts Doug.   Cheers Alluvium.

Edit for lay-out. Alluvium

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CDA (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$15.48
Change
0.240(1.57%)
Mkt cap ! $2.806B
Open High Low Value Volume
$15.24 $15.48 $15.19 $7.449M 483.2K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
6 8794 $15.39

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$15.48 4440 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 30/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
CDA (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.