graham mac tell me how this works

1. 1,908 Posts.
    this is in no way intended to be a smart arse post, I respect your posts graham and i want your genuine view on the following.
    Currently there are many questions being asked about workplace agreements, probably rightly so.
    I spent quite some time in small business and trust me when i say it is a tough gig,what with the wages,workcover,super...etc etc. As` I see it we are part of a global economy...so we have to be competitive at all levels.
    So ,to keep it simple,let me use a hamburger as an example....if I am in business selling hamburgers,my first priority is to turn out a quality product. Now if i want to make a decent living and pay my workers what they believe they are worth,the cost of that burger is going to be very hard to justify to the average punter.

I think the situation is a major catch 22....I absolutely know that small business in general does it tough and in the same breath I know that people on the lower end of the wage scale are also struggling in no small way.To say that this or that political party can correct that imbalance is pure stupid rubbish as far as I'm concerned....and whoever wins the election will have to deal with that truth....higher wages = small businesses going to the wall, low wages=ordinary people unable to have a decent quality of life due to both partners working to the detriment of family life,just to make ends meet. To me there is no logical solution....we just have too many people biting the same apple....end of story,and i honestly believe that neither Howard nor Rudd will be able to resolve this dilemna.
    Any thoughts Graham.?....anyone?

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.