graham mac tell me how this works, page-22

1. 1,908 Posts.
    My conclusion after reading various posts on this subject takes me right back to my original conclusion.It is not enough just to advocate for the workers,nor should the employers have the upper hand,a fair and measured outcome for all is obviously the dream.I will just say though that anyone who hasn't run their own business should do so for at least a while to get the proper perspective on this situation... you may look at a business from the outside and see many customers coming and going and think the business is kicking butt,the truth is that turnover doesn't necessarily equate to profit if management does not have a decent financial management strategy.
    I am semi retired and work three days a week as a carer for about $16 an hour...the pay is not so relevant to me as i do it for a reason to get up in the morning and do something worthwhile in the community.There are many of my colleagues however who do the same vital job for a living and the area of aged and disability care has been carefully avoided by both sides of politics in this campaign as far as I can see.These workers are for the most part taking home under $600 for a full working week....this for people who are deeply passionate and compassionate about what they do.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.