GBA 0.00% 2.0¢ grandbridge limited

I think Richie has lost track of elements of Santos' current CCS...

1. 8,443 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2860
    I think Richie has lost track of elements of Santos' current CCS program. Moomba and Bayu-Undan are not linked to EOR but to gas. Moomba is self-explanatory. Bayu-Undan is depleted and given the high CO2 levels evident at Barossa, it appears that CCS (at Bayu-Undan) is the only way a production licence will be granted. I am not sure if EOR is part of their next wave of CCS applications noting that Bayu-Undan is not under NOPTA jurisdiction.

When Matt Kean recently stated NSW coal fired power stations could be closed by 2030, there isn't one person on the planet that would agree if closing the gas fired plants was also part of the strategy. Tomago are on the record as committing to that path as long as the safety net of Kurri Kurri is in place. Real emission reduction in the short term is only possible via abatement and CCS is the globally recognised solution.

I agree that the Zali bill is unlikely to have genuine cut-through but it may prompt a response from KP. As for the Senate, people seem to have forgotten the motion put forward by the Greens Whish-Wilson last December. Senator Bragg is one that has forgotten, but, his voting position is on the record in Hansard. This is exactly the point Richie makes, Falinski, Sharma, Zimmerman, Bragg, they verbalise as wanting to address climate change but when it comes time to raising their hand in Parliament, they vote with the fossil fuel cartel. Keep your eye on the 'Voices Of' movement. This is what the LNP are scared of, losing seats to independents in their heartland, their leadership nurseries like Wentworth, Warringah, Bennelong (Turnbull/Abbott/Howard) and Kooyong/Flinders (Peacock/Reith) which are hundreds to thousands of kms away from the proposed PEP11 rig. PEP11 has become a hostage but a hostage is always worth more alive.

I happened to see some coverage yesterday of election related signage being unveiled in some of the LNP seats in Queensland. Read into that what you like.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add GBA (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.