GBA 0.00% 2.0¢ grandbridge limited

Host:"...1300 925 222 is the the talk back line as well, we've...

1. 6,365 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2408
    https://hotcopper.com.au/data/attachments/3628/3628898-13dc2ed5b16be2e99a916be90b99b13f.jpg

Host:
    "...1300 925 222 is the the talk back line as well, we've got Tony on the line, good morning Tony, thanks for calling in, what would you like to say?

Tony:
    "Morning Scott, just talking about PEP-11, last notice I've seen on that is the 15th of September and their still calling for contracts and letters of intent."

Host:
    "That's the developer Bounty Gas and oil who we spoke to the managing director of, I think on the program last week?"

Tony:
    "Yes you did indeed, I know Keith Pitt is firmly against the 2050 reduction in fossil fuels.."

Host:
    "He's a national who's got that portfolio and their saying its his call, but is it his call? There is an independent regulator isn't there? NOPSEMA or someone? And the word is they would hand down a ruling very soon on PEP-11."

Tony:
    "Oh, I am not aware of that one, because I thought it was all up to Keith Pitt. And 'his the shiz' and basically final, I hope not."

Host:
    "Alright well that would fly in the face of what the Prime Minister is saying, and our local member in the sitting Government is saying, anyway we will put that question to Lucy Wicks, she is joining us in this half hour as well...."

Host:
    "Climate change and PEP-11 was also mentioned by opposition leader Anthony Albanese, who was at Umina yesterday with Dr. Reid, at the press conference, this is a little of what he had to say:"

Anthony Albanese:
    "This is an extraordinarily backward plan that could be ruled out today by minister Keith Pitt, but he refuses to do so, because this Government, takes people here on the Central Coast, in Robertson, for granted."

Host:
    "When will we have a clear idea of that project being stopped as you've promised as the Prime minister's promised?"

Lucy Wicks:
    There has been a clear commitment by the Prime minister himself. Not just criticism from the opposition to get a headline. But a clear commitment from our Prime Minister, that under a Morrison Government PEP-11 will not go ahead.

Host:
    "But who makes the call? Keith Pitt, or Mr Morrison?"

Lucy Wicks:
    "Well, as I said the Prime minister has made it very clear that under a Morrison Government PEP-11 will not go ahead, he has been listening very clearly to the concerns of my community, and other coast line communities about this particular project, and he's made it very clear, I've made it very clear about my personal commitment and I'm determined to do everything I can.

Host:
    "Does Mr. Pitt have to sign off on something then to do what his boss, the Prime Minister is asking him to do? and we spoke to Bounty Gas and Oil last week, their managing director, he's saying its all full steam ahead."

Lucy Wicks:
    "Well as I've said to you the Prime minister's commitment has been absolutely clear, and um, my commitment has been absolutely clear, and that's the outcome that I'm interested in. Under a Morrison Government, PEP-11 will not go ahead.

Host:
    "So who has the final say? Will Minister Pitt sign off on that soon or will NOPSEMA or whoever that is? or whoever can put that in the ground forever more?"

Lucy Wicks:
    "Well I stand by the Prime Minister's statements, that under a Morrison government PEP-11 will not go ahead, and that is the assurance that I will provide to the people on the Central Coast today."

Host:
    "Well why do they think they're going ahead then?

Lucy Wicks:
    "Ah look Scott, you're asking me questions about a company, that is a company decision to say what it will say. I am providing to you an assurance that I have been provided by the Prime Minister that under the Morrison Government PEP-11 will not go ahead."

Host:
    "Alright Lucy Wicks, thanks for joining us on the program".

Lucy Wicks:
    "Thank you Scott."

Source: https://www.abc.net.au/radio/centralcoast/programs/breakfast/breakfast/13552220
    -----------------
    Context:

Press Conference - Berkeley Vale, NSW 21/04/2021. Scott Morrison.

JOURNALIST: [Inaudible] One of the issues still pending is the PEP-11 licence. I think the Central Coast community is really anxiously awaiting a decision. Can you have a bit of light on when that will be, and how you feel about that?

PRIME MINISTER: I think I made it pretty clear what my Government's view was about that. I mean that will go through processes, but I’ve made it absolutely crystal clear that that’s not something I support, and you can expect my view on that to be rock solid.

https://www.pm.gov.au/media/press-conference-berkeley-vale-nsw

Interview with Richard and Shanna, 2HD Newcastle, Prime Minister Scott Morrison. 19/05/2021.

RICHARD: When, while we're talking about gas, it's been, I think, now three months since the PEP 11 exploration licence expired off the coast. I think all the New South Wales ministers, well, and certainly MPs along the Eastern Seaboard, don't want it. You've said you don't want it.

PRIME MINISTER: That’s right.

RICHARD: And yet our Resources Minister Keith Pitt has not yet made a decision on, on the PEP 11 exploration licence.

PRIME MINISTER: Well, I think I've been pretty clear about what my view is and the Government's view is. So I ...

RICHARD: Well, why, why hasn’t a decision been announced?

PRIME MINISTER: There's a process that it's following that, look I've made it pretty clear about what my view is and what the Government's view is, and I think people take a lot of confidence from that.

RICHARD: Well, it's been three months since the licence expired.

SHANNA: Yeah, the 12th of February.

PRIME MINISTER: Yeah, and what you've seen is it hasn't been renewed.

RICHARD: Right. Okay.
    https://www.pm.gov.au/media/interview-richard-and-shanna-2hd-newcastle

Doorstop - Williamtown NSW, Transcript 07 May 2021 Prime Minister E&OE

PRIME MINISTER: Well when we’re in a position to make further announcements on that then we will.

JOURNALIST: Sorry, just a related question. Last time you were here you indicated that you didn't support the extension of gas exploration licence PEP 11.

PRIME MINISTER: Correct.

JOURNALIST: Have you seen or heard anything since that time to change your mind on that?

PRIME MINISTER: No, not at all, that is firmly and absolutely [inaudible].

https://www.pm.gov.au/media/doorstop-williamtown-nsw-0

Press Conference - Tomago, NSW Transcript 04 Mar 2021 Prime Minister E&OE

JOURNALIST: Do you support the extension of the petroleum exploration licence of the coast of New South Wales?

PRIME MINISTER: We're talking about the one down on the...

JOURNALIST: Between Port Stevens and Sydney?

PRIME MINISTER: Yeah, yeah. No.

JOURNALIST: You don't support the extension?

PRIME MINISTER: No.

JOURNALIST: Prime Minister, can I just clarify the response that you gave regarding PEP11, Keith Pitt is currently considering an application to extend the offshore gas exploration license between Port Stephens and Sydney, are you saying that you don’t support the extension of that license?

PRIME MINISTER: I am. Pretty clearly.

JOURNALIST: That will make some of our tourist operators very happy.

PRIME MINISTER: It's going to make me very happy. I think that's the right decision.

JOURNALIST: Will you be pushing Keith Pitt to make this decision soon?

PRIME MINISTER: It's a matter the government's working through, but I'm happy to answer the question - you asked me what my view is. I've told you fairly plainly. I tend to be a fairly plain-speaking person.

https://www.pm.gov.au/media/press-conference-tomago-nsw

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add GBA (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.