GEM 0.84% $1.19 g8 education limited

Grandparents Possible Competitors For Childcare Subsidies, page-21

1. 765 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 64
    The recent press reports of serious incidents in childcare centres (one I think was an after school care facility) are certainly cause for concern. There should be no suggestion, that these incidents, are the reason that some families chose not to use licensed and regulated childcare. There are deaths on our roads everyday, but that doesn't stop any of us driving.

Dodgy backyard childcare, any establishment that provides fee paying care for children, where the parents are not on the premises must be licensed. If you know of any dodgy backyard childcare, report them, and the parents who use them.

Centres are only as good as the educators and staff who deliver daily care. Stagnant occupancy levels are a telling sign of parents dissatisfaction with the service and care provided. A large number of reviews are written by staff, who  have children enrolled in the centre, where they work. If your children are enrolled in a centre and you don't know who the nominated supervisor is, know who the educational leader is, have never been invited to participated in their QIP (Quality Improvement Plan) have never been invited to contribute to a policy review and if your child does not talk about their educators like friends, careful observation is required. It's not about your relationship with the educator, it's the educators relationship with your child that counts.

For those of you, and there does appear to be a few shareholders who are interested in increasing their knowledge about the service delivery of their investment, I suggest downloading a copy of Belonging, Being & Becoming.

Corporates who have accumulated acquisitions too quickly are seeing their occupancy levels reflect parents views of their delivery of care. It can be improved.

Rant over!

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add GEM (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$1.19
Change
-0.010(0.84%)
Mkt cap ! $959.2M
Open High Low Value Volume
$1.18 $1.20 $1.17 $927.0K 780.6K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 8472 $1.19

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$1.19 30 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 28/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
GEM (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.