Dear Mr 12I found this guy in The Encyclopaedia of American...

1. 6,710 Posts.
    Dear Mr 12

I found this guy in The Encyclopaedia of American Loons, neither scientific nor objective, just a fact.

By preconceived, fundamentalist, I meant the state of being unable to change one's beliefs, regardless of how much evidence is presented. It's a condition that creationists find themselves in, an almost impossible state to arouse somebody from. Science on the other hand, and I'm no champion of science, is constantly peer reviewed and false or falsified science can end a career. You have no option in science other than to be objective. If you are not your peers will eat you alive once you present a paper.

Re Mr Gentry - the guys not challenged because others have real science to do rather than waste time debunking this gentle, harmless soul.

Unicorns and pooping gold bars - does your mother know your on this forum? You'll get grounded again if she finds out.

Mr Gordon

Very naughty of you to use snippets of a quote to work towards your ill-conceived beliefs.

Carl Sagan's quote reads - The fossil evidence could be consistent with the idea of a Great Designer; perhaps some species are destroyed when the Designer becomes dissatisfied with them, and new experiments are attempted on an improved design. But this notion is a little disconcerting. Each plant and animal is exquisitely made; should not a supremely competent Designer have been able to make the intended variety from the start? The fossil record implies trial and error, an inability to anticipate the future, features inconsistent with an efficient Great Designer.

I do not agree with Sagan's quote but it is the diametrical opposite meaning to which you used it. You have been either misguided or dishonest - happy to straighten you out.

Harold Coffin - Encyclopaedia of American Loons - case number 578. Oh dear, he's another creationist.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.