I certainly get your point. we had our first rental for my...

1. 41,609 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 642

I certainly get your point. we had our first rental for my partner's son. he trashed the place badly causing damage that cost us around $20k to repair. we evicted him and helped him to find another place more suitable (where he could not do as much damage - a bedsit). we rented it on the RE management for a couple of years but still had a lot of costs. we couldn't make the damn thing pay so we eventually sold at a good profit. I won't go back into owning a rental again.

"If Albo and his "mob" insist that you rent out a property then they should lease the property and sublease to a tenant. That way they are responsible for any damage or unpaid rent.". ..... this is how social housing had developed over the last 30 years (changes under Keating Gov). the Housing Commission managed the properties (as badly as ever before).

in 2020 the ABS estimated that 19.5% of rentals were State/Territory commissions owned and managed. the %age has been fairly stable for 30 years despite the increasing need through increasing population and increasing homelessness.

imo Gov needs to construct specific homes, high rise, semidetached and terrace style, for social housing asap. but of course the current arrangement is supposed to produce these.

thanks for your sound post nursery.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.