AB1 0.00% 18.0¢ abarta resources limited

Grant Thornton

1. 16 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 26
    My original post was taken down so here is the email to support.

https://hotcopper.com.au/data/attachments/2720/2720890-e2feee0fa851ae7e6ad0c86e29944db7.jpg

Happyclown is correct to be concerned about Animoca Brands. I received an email from the partner on the audit Justin Humphrey at Grant thornton who you can find easily on the previous annual reports and he says he has not been in communication with the company since April and reported this to ASIC. He pointed me to the company secretary who I then emailed. You can assume the auditors have resigned or will do so soon.From the annoucements there are two company secretaries Julian Rockett and John Madden. Julian resigned in April but is still listed on their website, John is also the acting CFO after the previous CFO Raymond Shui left after 3 months. John replied to my email and he does not have access to the company's figures and is not the CFO but a part time consultant based in Melbourne. He sent me a draft set of accounts from June which is not audited and its worse than what they released earlier in the year with investment write offs.I have emailed the company and its non executive directors but had no reply. What is interesting is that there are no directors and the nonexecs are all based abroad not in Hong Kong. Robby Yung the CEO is in London and according to John madden Yat Siu and Arnoldo Concepcion run the company with Sally Woo in charge of accounting. Governance is a disgrace and the ASX got this one right in my opinion.If you need to fact check email the people at Animoca and follow the email format from the announcements first name and first letter of last name at animiocabrands dot com or email GT first name dot last name at au.gt.com.Not happy to be the bearer of bad news but I have mentally written off this investment. With all these announcements about the sale of tokens it looks like someone is profiting or benefiting but something is very very wrong here. Us shareholders are definitely not being told whats going on and being left in the dark.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AB1 (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.