AXE 18.6% 25.5¢ archer materials limited

graphene a real graphite market? nope. , page-31

1. 9,236 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2
    Prime1 said..."A few points which we should keep in the forefront of our thinking, but which seem to have been lost in the blur.

1. Graphene can be made from very ordinary grade graphite - 92% plus was fine in the SA case. You don't need 99% to produce graphene"
    ------------------------------------------------------------

The only "blur" regarding (1) is it's not a "blur" to us, it's seems you have the "blur" - you are parroting what I said earlier, i.e.....

Also keep in mind AXE's high purity 99%+ graphite is NOT specifically directed towards the FUTURE graphene market.

ANU was able to produce the graphene products from Campoona's medium-grade (92% C)graphite concentrates.

....so we already know that. Trust the "blur" has now been removed from your mind as well.

Prime1 said ....2." There are lots of people making graphene. They don't mine graphite, they just buy the small amounts they need from whoever will supply it. That situation is unlikely to change."
    ------------------------------------------------------------

Suggest you listen to the video below. AXE says it's main, here and now, business is to produce high grade graphite - not make graphene. They see an opportunity, years down the track, to build on that in what sounds to me like a possible "separate" high tech, a "sterile" environment, business opportunity, providing high tech solutions/products to the world - "an opportunity for AXE, Adelaide and South Australia". That could mean the "separate" business MAY have the backing of the SA Government and/or involvement of the UNA.

Suggest you also have a look at what other R&D projects UNA are conducting into graphene, and the grants they are receiving from the government. UNA is doing the research and development - AXE is providing the graphite material. Down the track who knows what will happen, but as GA says in the video - it would be remiss of him not to look at other opportunities down the track.

I wouldn't worry too much about AXE or GA, if I were you Prime1. GA seems to have his head in the right place. A brilliant move on his part to sell the U tenements to BHP for a TOP price of $8mil just before Kloppers was replaced and O/Dam was put on hold - certainly wouldn't have achieved that in the current climate; equally brilliant move was the securing of the freehold land (which is currently also making an small income from cropping - according to media reports, the EP has had a bumper crop this year), and the future sale/jv of Leigh Creek (world-class magnesite project - 413Mt JORC Measured, Indicated and Inferred Resources of 413Mt grading 41.3% MgO) which could provide substantial funds for AXE's "future" plans.

The other points have been addressed very adequately by
    DwyaneWade

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2013-11-21/rural-sa-graphene-trial-2111/5107284

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AXE (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
25.5¢
Change
0.040(18.6%)
Mkt cap ! $64.98M
Open High Low Value Volume
22.0¢ 26.0¢ 22.0¢ $230.2K 956.6K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 4166 24.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
25.5¢ 3500 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 15.56pm 07/10/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
AXE (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.