SER 6.98% 2.0¢ strategic energy resources limited

graphite anode, page-2

1. 6,757 Posts.
    Good question. Silicon seems to be getting quite a bit of interest but have also heard of silicon/graphite in combination and various carbon nano-thingys also popular (also derived from graphite).

Had a closer look at end-uses of graphite and batteries are still a fairly small component (unfortunately can't get back to the article as I only had a trial subscription). Upshot is (imo) graphite demand will still be primarily governed by steel making though secondary markets are growing and EV market could be important but will be some time before it is a primary use, with the risk of substitution as above. Unfortunately I could find very little market information on this mineral so all of this is from a single source - indmin.com.

I went a little cooler on this one for reasons above however still looks to be a viable project, low capex and low risk with a partner who would also do the offtake/marketing, so will be interesting to see what they come up with. Spoke to MD and he expressed that they were keen to get things moving quickly and having talks with a number of parties so will wait and see.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SER (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.