SYR 3.17% 32.5¢ syrah resources limited

Graphite Price, page-722

1. 457 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 124
    I've just read the article.
    Its a little opportunistic of the AFR writer to extrapolate out for another decade based on todays oil price, considering the massive spike that has occurred because of a war in Ukraine and the subsequent sanctions on Russia.
    Although, I do agree that oil is here to stay ! I cant imagine, for example, a Boeing 777 ever being powered by batteries.
    Also, and as alluded to earlier, I cant (currently) see where all the generating capacity will come from when the growing millions of new EVs get plugged into 240V power points every night.

One issue that we can address is a Federal Govt. that is philosophically opposed to (the impacts of) climate change. One manifestation of this is the lack of support for EVs either through subsidies or equally importantly, fuel efficiency standards. Hence, EU manufacturers aren't overly interested in exporting vehicles here, and in fact they prefer to send their ICE vehicles here because its helps reduce their (local) carbon footprint. They are only able to do it because they are allowed to.
    If the Govt. actually had a fuel policy that limited emissions these vehicles wouldn't be able to come into the country and the EV supply would increase... because its in the interests of the EV manufacturers to do so. The only countries that haven't got such a fuel economy policy in place are: Australia, Russia, Ecuador, Nicaragua, Lao, Gambia, Guinea, Mali (https://www.globalfueleconomy.org/media/791539/gfei-map-2020-status.pdf).... fine company indeed.
    GLTAH

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SYR (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
32.5¢
Change
0.010(3.17%)
Mkt cap ! $336.3M
Open High Low Value Volume
32.0¢ 33.5¢ 31.5¢ $1.380M 4.243M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
11 126793 32.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
33.0¢ 209602 3
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 12/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
SYR (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.