CDU 0.00% 23.5¢ cudeco limited

great annoucement - wayne is working hard, page-11

1. 3,647 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 549
    Yes its actually quite staggering isn't it. Who saw this coming ..... anyone ? Me either.

Nov 13: CDU=$4.50 (open)

"The Directors are pleased to announce that CuDeco Limited (“CuDeco”) is undertaking a placement of up to 6,976,674 ordinary shares (“New Shares”) at $4.30 to raise up to $30 Million before expenses of the issue."

Nov 15: CDU=$3.90 (open)

"The Directors advise shareholders that the $30 Million capital raising announced on 13 November has been withdrawn by CuDeco Ltd."

Nov 27: CDU=$4.22 (open)

"CuDeco Ltd is pleased to announce that we have entered into an agreement with Sinosteel Equipment and Engineering Co. Ltd for accepting a placement of 7.6m ordinary fully paid shares @ $4.50 per share for $34.2m."

CDU=$4.60 (close).

So if I understand this correctly, it goes something like this: "we wanted to get some NA or EU instos in the register so we offered them a great deal at $4.30 per share (being a discount to market) but they dicked us around so we pulled the plug and offered it to one of our chinese investors / partners who not only were willing to pay the higher price of $4.50 (being a premium) but also were willing to take all the shares on offer plus a more."

There is a lesson in this somewhere but not one any other board is likely to ever attempt to practice. Simply staggering.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CDU (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.