88E 50.0% 0.3¢ 88 energy limited

Hope theres not too much fried pork belly involved here too...

1. 13,575 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 567
    Hope theres not too much fried pork belly involved here too Foggy. Don't want PB having a cardiac arrest if it flows real strong !!!

" You haven't seen a fraction of my optimism" ?

This is the attitude that got him and his Amigo mates thru the EF with Burlington/Conoco.

Even tho He likes to "fail fast", if the ducks r lining up to make the application of optimism justified in a "fail smart" scenario , then I think this is where we will see his extreme optimism applied.

From all my reading on unconventionals one thing u need is the ability to be able adjust to the huge number of variables that these plays throw at the Geos no matter what the play type.

Even tho these guys are quick to play down hints of over optimism, the simple emotion of enthusiasm that one might have for something that U really enjoy doing because Ur good at it, and U want to teach or impart Ur experience and knowledge as a result, is the hard if not impossible thing to hide. When one looks at DW and PB at these UK presos one can clearly see that enthusiasm.

There is no hint of restraint in being afraid of the negative. PB is like a Uni professor that loves what He does day on day. He obviously likes a challenge and is prepared to utilise every method, technique and person He has had associations with in this industry to
    maximise his chances of attaining his goal. And therein lies his secret to his ACB methodology.

His positivity and optimism is expressed even thru his approach to the likes of Ken Peters, who worked closely with GB in their initial foray into trying to apply the unconventional play type to their acreage. Even Ken Peters had to admit that PB had the Tmax model correct and that the HRZ was the preferred analogous Tmax vapour phase liquids EF play on the Slope.

His comments on passing this play by other known industry luminaries, and them approving of his models application and success to date, is yet another indicator of this enthusiasm, and perhaps a need for external affirmation to just make sure his optimism isn't ill founded, this being the danger of over-optimism.

It's kind of like when one goes to buy a car and one gets awash with enthusiasm about a particular car. Now the important thing is that one doesn't show that emotion to the dealer salesperson because as soon as U do they know they have won more than half the battle in trying to sell U that car. That's how powerful this emotion is and why it's so hard to hide. By diluting Ur apparent emotion by saying to the salesperson that U have general aims in buying a car and nearly any car on the lot will do U suddenly have thrown the ball back into their court and they realise they need to work hard to make a sale to U.

One can hide the emotion by walking away or looking at other cars, but then one cannot hide the emotion as U expose that emotion when U go back to look at that car again. That's when one makes sure U have the negotiating factors in Ur favour. Stuff like buying on the last few days of the month when they have to make quotas. Buying at quiet times when U know their quotas will be down. And the biggy, buying at eofy when they r handed manufacturer incentives for more common models with low interest rates.

However I've digressed into a game I love to play with car dealers !!!

What is important here for us is that PB and DW. as much as they try to restrain their enthusiasm for this play, cannot.

What fledgling oil CEO would in their right mind comment that their play has conventional potential numbers without the high possibility that this may come to fruition ? That smacks of misinformation.

But then maybe that's just my personal enthusiasm ( there it is again) for all things HRZ, given the time and effort put in. However DWs comments are backed by the strong Ice 1 results. So one cannot claim misinformation.

His comments on multi bagging potential, his recent comment that if the HRZ flows well it will be worth billions. Again exposure of enthusiasm.

It's not so much the generalised large claims of what they have, but the enthusiastic confidence behind those comments.

Is it just his previous industry salesman coming to the fore ?

I don't think so as he would be well versed in such techniques and would be careful not to allow ill-informed info into the public domain given the substantiality of what they potentially have.

Another important attribute of this optimism and enthusiasm is its motivational effect towards the play. When any human has these emotions as applied to any task they naturally perform that task better.

And one last thing on the optimism thing. Yes it's important to have such optimism and enthusiasm,but it's nothing without the expertise and ability to complete what U have tasked Urself with.

Do these guys have it ?

PB has it in spades with Burlington, CP and the EF not to mention his industry connections.

DW ?

Perhaps a little bit more of an unknown quantity. But his success in getting this play this far with recent capital raisings and his obvious enthusiasm for the play as well as his knowledge, certainly negates a lot of that unknown. He wears his heart on his sleeve, and for want of a better phrase, he calls a spade a spade and is not afraid to mention the downside as well as the up.

But then that probably relates to what these guys have as an asset to date.

Yep, the statements an interesting one Foggy in that it gets the juices flowing. The important thing is that one knows WHY it gets those juices flowing !!!

Now I wonder how that micro-stim phase is going ?

d.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add 88E (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
0.3¢
Change
0.001(50.0%)
Mkt cap ! $86.67M
Open High Low Value Volume
0.3¢ 0.3¢ 0.2¢ $10.05K 3.566M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
152 214316072 0.2¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
0.3¢ 581110328 194
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 12/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
88E (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.