BNO 0.00% 1.0¢ bionomics limited

great close today, page-9

1. 592 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 21
    this was taken from my acount on Commsec after Friday trading it is exactly as you see it with no doctoring whatsoever - SX: is a Special Sale Portfolio - XT: is Crossed Trade

this was taken from a aussie stocks forum --- an xt trade is simply when a broker has both the buyer and the seller. It can be either a pre-organised trade (as in one broker says to another broker i have 50T BHP to buy here is anyone a seller, they find a seller and they cross the stock) and then the operator puts the crossing through the market. The other one it can be is where a client of the firm is in the screen already buying stock and then the same firm gets a seller but for not the same volume as the buyer is looking for, thats when (if you worked on a trading floor) you would here the broker say to the operator "just hit the screen" ie, the seller trades to the buyer and whoever has more to work stays in the screen with the residual.

and no they dont have to tell the client is a cross trade, only if on the other side is the firms P book. Often they will though to see if the clients are ongoing sellers to try and get more business. XT's are what every broker looks for, getting the brokerage on both sides of the trade.

Also we often see XT trades going through after the closing matchout. From time to time my online broker will ring me after the matchout (4:20pm/4;30pm) to say he has a buyer & do I still want to sell at my price in the que. I have not had this for some time now, so I suppose this still happens.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add BNO (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.