KRM 5.26% 4.0¢ kingsrose mining limited

Hi Jakeb, There are only about 6 gold miners on the ASX with a...

1. 22,970 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 769
    Hi Jakeb,
    There are only about 6 gold miners on the ASX with a P/E at present based on last years price/earnings.
    and even our biggest gold miner, NCM, has no P/E for 2013-14.(i.e., it made a loss)

The ASX 200 has an average P/E of 15 which is generally the benchmark for F/A.
    While some investors like high P/Es because that may mean that the market expects
    higher earnings/dividends over the next year or so, others prefer to look for low P/E
    bargains like Warren Buffett. Its all about forward earning guesstimates and percieved
    value buying.

Technical Analysis relies on past price action and uses graphs paterns to predict the future which is another kettle of fish.

My P/E guesstimate for a goldie such as KRM usually starts at 10 for safety and convenience
    and moves closer to the ASX200 norm as the company proves its earnings and mine
    life expectancy over a 3 year+ period.

But everyone have their own yardsticks and may I suggest that you study the history
    of Aussie gold miners P/Es before you make any decisions on the forward P/E
    for any company. Mine life is also another important consideration.

KRM's competitive advantages over other ASX miners are:
    (a) its starting from a very low base due to mining stoppage for 20 months
    (b) its mine is located in Indonesia
    (c) low all-in sustainable costs forecast (ASIC)
    (d) low rupiah vs the AUD for lower cost inputs
    (e) POG trending higher in AUD (currently $1530 / oz)
    (f) its earnings are realised in AUD
    (g) high grade ore with no overburden (UG narrow vein) (10g/t with prospect of higher grade from splay vein feed)
    (h) only needs to mine/process 385-500 ton/day
    (open pit needs to mine 12 times that -7 times the ore + 5 times overburden.-

There are some drawbacks to UG narrow vein mining, however:
    -difficult & expensive to JORC drill.
    -usually small mines

KRM like other narrow vein miners normally drills minimally from surface to define the vein
    and then pursue the vein UG via UG drilling. This usually means that the JORC
    reserves are lower than that of an open pit and, consequently, a theoretically lower mine life.

At present forward fundamentals for gold miners are speculative primarily because
    of the volatile POG and its perceived prospects.
    Hope that helps.

Please note that there is a vast difference between past P/Es and forward P/Es and given that the market looks forward, the forward P/E is arguably the more important.

Moorookamick
    PS: Please do your own research and consult a licensed financial planner before investing. MM

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add KRM (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.