NKP 0.00% 9.9¢ nkwe platinum limited

Who will DMR give the rights to?I have no special legal...

1. 343 Posts.
    Who will DMR give the rights to?

I have no special legal knowledge but I do not see that the Con Court gave any direction as to who should get the rights but set the Genorah rights aside and referred back to the DMR to again consider which party should get the rights under existing laws. I must say I really find it strange why some posters here are almost gloating that it is Beng/Anglo that are to win from this and Genorah/NKP to lose. If one is happy with this outcome then there can be only two reasons - you have shorted NKP or have a vested interest in Beng/Anglo winning the rights and Genorah losing.

For sure only speculation but if I were in the DMR's position and I wanted resources to be developed then I would call in both RP and Beng communities, Genorah, NKP and Anglo/ARM.

My offer would be to grant the rights jointly to the two communities on condition that they work with NKP who is best placed to proceed with a mining plan ASAP since they have allready done work in the mineralisation and have a BFS for Garatau. Like others I am not happy with the Garatau BFS silence but I for sure do not follow those that are implying that there was never a BFS and NKP/Genorah just tunnelled shareholder money into their personal accounts etc. Was Xstrata tricked as well????

The direction to Genorah would be that it will continue to be the vehicle for the rights but an appropriate % (say 10% each) of shares in NKP must be ceded to both RP and Beng.

As regards Anglo/ARM I would ask them to clarify what their intention is If they want to be the development partner then they should proceed with a JV offer or alternatively lay down what compensation they are looking for in relation to the rights exporopriated from them. Royalties may be on the cards.

If the various communities do not agree then I would threaten that the rights will be granted to a new state owned enterprise that will then work with NKP to develop the deposits. Genorah will then lose most of their stake in NKP and the Beng will get nothing as well while Anglo is left to take the DMR to court regarding compensation. That will show all parties that development will not be stopped by stupid pig hesded disputing among communities and heavy handed actions by companies that were the primamry beneficiaries of the Apartheid era. DMR must be clear that actions will be taken to preservee SA as an attractive mining destination for foreign capital.

BR
    Max

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add NKP (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.