LEG 0.00% 1.0¢ legend mining limited

re: great legs...shame about - 4dlux. dlux...I mentioned spell...

1. 15,276 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 45
    re: great legs...shame about - 4dlux. dlux...

I mentioned spell checker AND proof reading.

There are times however, when nothing will stop certain words getting through...LOL

My greatest crime would have to involve the words; to, too and there and their.

I am well aware of the meaning and correct use of each, however in the process of a quickly typed response, I often use the wrong ones in the wrong place!

I was taught phonetic spelling in my early years at school...what a mistake that whole stupid concept turned out to be...the result is that I naturally tend to misspell words and find I am constantly correcting my own errors...especially when more involved with the content rather than the presentation.

I really couldn't care less however...my sh!ty spelling has managed to carry me through; 8 years of Uni, where several of my papers are still used for benchmark reference; through 4 years of lecturing to third and fourth year Uni students at 2 separate faculties; 4 years private consulting to various government bodies in both Victoria and Tasmania; advisory services to both Kennett (public) and Hawke (private) and finally; through 20 years of running a successful small business!

Not trying to shoot wind up my own ar$e or anything...just trying to illustrate that some of today's education clones, the kind that get peeved at spelling errors, really just don't get it!

But hey, I forgot to mention, I actually failed my HSC...so perhaps they are right...perhaps people like me can't be taken "seriously"?

I'll share a story...in my HSC year, my best subjects were the maths/sciences. They were far too easy...in fact, I was bored stupid...as a result, I would occupy myself by inventing formula's for use in integral calculus and the various other mathematical problems we would encounter.

On one occasion, I remember working out a particular shortcut formula, so that I could arrive at the desired result in just 3 steps instead of the 12 required from the "accepted" method...the result however was that I would only receive 3 points instead of 12 on my paper for that question!

I invited the teacher to find any flaws in the formula...he couldn't...even so, I was told to "use the accepted method" or be failed! I came up with more than 30 or so of these formula's in year 12, all of which withstood various "tests" of concept, yet I actually failed both "Pure" and "Applied" maths in my HSC exam...you guessed it, I used MY formula's in protest!

It appears I was failed due to my attitude and not my aptitude...the stink of it is that I actually achieved a score of 87% in Physics, by simply giving them what they wanted at exam time...yet I only attended 3 classes for all of year 12! Now how's that for attitude!

The public education system sucks in my opinion...there is no room for organic thought, academic individuality or any other real form of lateral thinking...if you don't conform, you simply get discarded!

In my opinion, we are creating nothing more than generation after generation of dumb-arsed clones!

Happy to be a failure of that system thank you!

Cheers!

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LEG (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
1.0¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $29.07M
Open High Low Value Volume
1.1¢ 1.1¢ 1.0¢ $3.636K 334.1K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
6 1292794 1.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
1.1¢ 422960 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 15.43pm 03/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
LEG (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.