MHC 0.00% 0.2¢ manhattan corporation limited

Great Opportunity, page-33

1. tcf
    6,862 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 273
    Labor Party Policy (2013) has not changed.

In 2013 Mark McGowan said
    “Today, I am removing any uncertainty in relation to this issue (uranium).
    “Under a Labor government, any mines that have been granted final State approval allowing construction would be permitted to proceed to open, operate and export their products in the same manner as other mining ventures.
    “Further, any mines lawfully approved and under construction will be permitted to open, operate and export their product in the same manner as other mining ventures.
    “WA Labor will not grant approvals for any other uranium mines.
    “We will launch a broad, sweeping inquiry into the uranium industry which will ensure the highest safety, monitoring and compliance standards are in place on any mine that is unfortunately under construction or approved.
    “This change in policy direction will provide certainty to the mining industry and provides an assurance that Labor will not risk the State‟s finances or investment opportunities.
    “It also assures West Australians opposed to uranium mining that we will not allow any new mines to come into existence.
    “The Barnett Government has taken an „open slather‟ approach to uranium approvals. Labor recognises that people are concerned about uranium, and that concern was exacerbated by the Fukushima nuclear crisis.
    “New governments are required to deal with the hand they are dealt and under no circumstances will I, as Premier, create an economic risk to Western Australia.
    “I also want to assure the public that if no mines are under construction or no mines have received approval to commence construction at the time of the next election, then there will be no uranium mines in WA under any government I lead.”

To date MHC has NO mining approvals and there has been NO change to Labor policy.

MHC has reported that the government (the uranium friendly Liberal Government) is drafting legislation to adjust the boundaries of the national park. If the Liberals win the March election then it may be possible for legislation to pass thereby adjusting the national park boundary clearing the way for MHC exploration within the current boundaries. If the more likely scenario eventuates (Labor wins the March election) there is a snow drops chance in hell of the national park boundary change in which case MHC would have to wait at least another 4 years to see legislation introduced to the WA parliament.

Massive gamble for MHC share holders. Good luck with your punting.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add MHC (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
0.2¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $4.405M
Open High Low Value Volume
0.0¢ 0.0¢ 0.0¢ $0 0

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
52 109379315 0.1¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
0.2¢ 10941975 18
View Market Depth
Last trade - 15.36pm 17/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
MHC (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.